Tuesday

Snow Peas and Onions


"Forgive me cooks for I have sinned". I used the MICROWAVE to cook snow peas in a PLASTIC bag. This is a horrible sin I know. It's almost non-forgivable. It's not like eating a ton of chocolate type sin. Besides I would never ask for forgiveness for that. Back to my snow peas. I had all the intention to steam them. Then I read the instructions on the snow peas bag I got at Trader Joe's. And I heard that voice saying, "Microwave on high for 3 minutes". The voice echoed in my head and then I DID IT. So in reality it wasn't me, it was the voice in my head. 



Just don't tell Teri and Myette or they will despise me forever.

What You Need:
  • 1/2 lb snow peas (I usually buy them in a bag from Trader Joe's)
  • 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
  • salt and pepper to taste

Optional: 1/4 cupsliced almonds


What To Do:


If using Trader Joe's snow peas just follow the instructions, which are microwave on high for 2-3 min. (I did 3 min)

OR steam the peas for 4-5 minutes.




Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the onions until soft.

Optional: roast the sliced almonds in the butter then add the onions.






Add the cooked peas and season with salt and pepper to taste.








Snow Peas are a great side for beef or chicken. 

Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment