- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves smashed (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder or dry minced garlic)
- 3 or 4 broccoli heads chopped (or 1 bag 16 oz frozen broccoli)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 2 cubes chicken bouillon)
- 2 cups shredded processed cheese like mild Cheddar, sharp Cheddar, Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack. You can even add a little goat cheese or gruyere.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons corn flour dissolved in half-cup milk
¼ cup white wine
1 small can (4 oz) chopped mushrooms
What To Do:
In a large saucepan on medium high heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic and onion until tender.
Add broccoli and stir for a couple minutes.
Add chicken broth.
Let it boil then reduce heat to low, cover the pan and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
Mash it with a potato masher.
(add the wine if using it and let it boil for a minute)
Add cheese and stir until it melts.
Add the milk
(and mushrooms if you decided to add them)
Add the corn flour dissolved in milk and let it boil to thicken.
Serve with Parmesan toast. Simply spread butter on slices of bread (any bread you like) then sprinkle Parmesan and broil.