This is a great side dish but it can also be a good afternoon snack you just need to warm it in the microwave.
What You Need:
- 1 bag frozen spinack or 12 oz fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shreded Parmesan cheese plus some more cheese to gratinate
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic salt (or simply salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 400F and butter 6 ramekins
Gather your ingredients
Thaw and drain the spinach squeezing it in a colander to remove excess water
Chop the spinach really fine.
Beat the eggs.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Divide the mix among the 6 ramekins.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
After it's ready put Parmesan on top.
Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
Serve warm in the ramekin
or remove it, (careful, it's hot)
and place it on the plate.