Friday

Banana Pancake


Yesterday I posted my pancake recipe and today I have another pancake post, but this time it is 'banana pancake'! Don't think I eat pancakes every day. I actually rarely eat pancakes, as I said they are a weekend treat. But we have two guests from Finland and they deserve some American breakfast, of course.



The banana pancake is basically the same basic recipe. You just add chopped bananas. Some people like sliced bananas but I prefer to chop them in small cubes.

What You Need:

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs slightly beaten
  • 4 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla  
  • 1 banana
Makes about 12 pancakes.

What To Do:





Gather your ingredients. (I doubled the recipe this time)








In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder salt and sugar.








Make a hole in the middle and pour the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.
Mix until smooth (use a whisk). The batter will be a little lumpy.
Chop the bananas in small cubes. 
Some people prefer the bananas in circles.

Fold in the chopped bananas.
Place a non-stick frying a pan over 'medium' heat and spread one teaspoon of cooking oil with a paper towel. This way the pan is coated with oil without any excess. Wait about half a minute for the pan to heat.
I use two pans when I double the recipe.
Using a ladle put 1/4 cup batter on the frying pan.
The batter will begin to bubble.
Wait until the sides of the pancake dry.
Before you remove the pancake from the pan you can check if the pancake is cooked inside by making a little cut in the middle of the pancake with a thin silicone spatula. Press the side of the cut to see if the batter will run out. If not, then it's ready!!!


Put anything you like on your pancake, from maple syrup to Nutella, ice-cream and melted chocolate.






This time I had my pancake with whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries and maple syrup. Yum!!!