Monday

Chocolate Wafer Cake / Icebox Cake


I don't know how I could have lived so many years of my life not knowing the famous Chocolate Wafer Cake or Icebox Cake. My life would have been much sweeter and I certainly would be many more pounds heavier today. Well, perhaps not knowing this cake was a good thing after all.




Anyway last Christmas my sister-in-law Teri, another fabulous cook in my family (I'm surrounded by them), introduced me to this famous desert. I finally made it during this Spring break and just like the first time it I ate more than I should have. Thank goodness for my kids, they saved me from eating the whole thing by myself.




What You Need:


  • 1 package Nabisco® Famous Chocolate Wafers
  • 2 cups heavy cream 
  • 2 tablespoons confectioner sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • fresh strawberries and chocolate shavings to decorate


What To Do:





Beat cream until firm.








Add vanilla and sugar.









and beat until well blended.







 Begin stacking the wafers with whipped cream in between them.







After stacking about 15 wafers ...








... turn them to the side and keep adding wafers and whipped cream.








 Until you use all wafers.








 Cover the wafer log with remaining whipped cream.







Decorate with chocolate shavings and berries.
Refrigerate 4 - 5 hours before serving.







Cut it diagonally so you can see the layers.








Enjoy!