This sauce is very simple to make. A good choice for when you have no time for preparation. It will take a while to cook but it is basically waiting time as you don't really need to do anything.
It's great over pasta and also for open sandwiches.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (if you don't have soy sauce just season with salt)
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (see my suggestions below)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded carrot (you can buy carrots already shredded in a bag)
Instead of carrots you can use chopped zucchini.
You can also use frozen vegetables and if they do not come in small pieces then chop them even if they are frozen.
Coconut oil is a healthier cooking choice because it has no cholesterol but it leaves a 'coconutty' flavor.
Traditional marinara Sauce from Trader Joe's.
What To Do:
- Put the meat in a bowl with the soy sauce and mix well.
- Put the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- When the butter starts bubbling and beginning to brown add the ground beef.
- Keep stirring until the meat is all browned. Stirring avoid the meat to get clumped.
- Add the tomato sauce and the veggies. Mix well.
- Turn the heat down and let it simmer for 45 minutes.