Thursday

Pita Pizza


This yummy pizza is very simple to make, thanks to Trader Joe's where I get all the ingredients.
It is 'almost' home made. OK, not really, but let's not get to picky, all right. It's the fastest way to assemble a mini pizza that taste delicious. It beats ordering from Pizza Hut and others, unless you are getting a gourmet pizza but hey, if you can pay for a gourmet pizza do yourself a favor and go to a restaurant to have a real meal. Cause pizza is great but it is not a real meal. It will nurture your soul but not your body.



Hello teachers! This is a great cooking activity for lower school students. It teaches, sequencing, hot/cold/melting (I love science), respecting people's choices, oh, don't get me started.

Hello moms! This is great to do with your kiddos on a rainy afternoon. Put each ingredient in separate containers and let the kids assemble the pizzas themselves. Don't worry about the mess, just worry about the laughter and humming happiness.

Enough bla bla bla.

Here is What You Need:

I got it all from Trader Joe's.

Pitta bread (I like the sesame pita pockets)
Marinara sauce
Shredded cheese - you can get cheese already shreded in bags you can use mozzarela or another white cheese
Olive oil
Parmesan cheese (you can get a fancy one and shred it yourself)
Oregano or Italian seasoning (my favorite)


Preheat the oven to 350F.

Now assemble your pizza



Get one pita bread and brush it with a bit of olive oil.
You can also split the bread in two to make a thin crust pizza. (I like it whole)



Spread one spoon full of Marinara sauce.






Top with shredded cheese.






Sprinkle oregano or Italian seasoning.






Add Parmesan (my secret ingredient)




You can now add anything you like, pepperoni, ham, anchovies, sardines, olives, tomato slices, or pineapple chunks. Be creative. This time I wasn't. I just wanted to eat the darn pizzas.

Notice the pizzas on the left are half bread pizza (not for me of course)




Place the pizzas in the oven for about 8 to 10 min.






And there you have it. 

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment