Wednesday

cucumber and grapes salad

IMG_1528

I love salads and warm Spring days inspire me to eat even more salads than I normally do. I've had this Cucumber and Grapes Salad recipe for quite a while but I forgot about it. I found it last weekend in my old recipe box while doing some Spring cleaning. So here it is for you to enjoy!


I buy Persian cucumbers at Trader Joe's. They come in a 1lb box, which is perfect for this recipe.

I consider this salad a ridiculously easy recipe

What You Need:

IMG_1336

  • 1 lb Persian cucumbers
  • 6 oz green grapes - from 20 to 40 grapes depending on the size of the grapes
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or sherry
  • salt and pepper to taste

What To Do:

IMG_1340 



Preheat the oven to 300F. (to brown the almonds).
Bake the almonds for about 10 minutes or until they begin to brown. 




IMG_1347 







Toss the almonds frequently, preferably every 3 minutes so they don't brown one side only.



IMG_1352 









Remove almonds from the tray and place them in a plate or bowl to cool.



IMG_1338 








Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise. 
Slice each half in 1/4 inches thick pieces.
IMG_1343 










Place the cucumber bits in a colander.
Sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and toss.
Leave the cucumbers in the colander over the sink or a deep plate so the excess water will drip. 



IMG_1354 










Dab the cucumbers with paper towel to remove excess salt and liquid.




IMG_1348 









Slice the grapes in half lengthwise.  





IMG_1357 






Mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss to cover everything with the oil and vinegar.




IMG_1530 







Bon Apétit!