Tuesday

Banana Peanut Smoothie



Peanut butter smoothies are delicious but sometimes I feel they are too sweet. So yesterday I decided to simply use unsalted peanuts and bananas (besides milk) to make my smoothie. What a nice surprise! I loved the little bits of peanuts left to chew on. It might be related to the crunchy factor that is so addictive in junk food.



This smoothie is specially good for people without a 'sweet tooth' like my daughter.

A banana and peanuts smoothie is not necessarily less fattening than a smoothie with peanut butter. The number of calories in one tablespoon of peanut butter is equivalent to the amount of calories in 1/8 cup unsalted peanuts, about 100 calories. However peanut butter smoothies have probably more 'empty calories' because of its sugar content.

As you might have concluded, all I use for my banana peanut smoothie is:

What You Need:
  • 3/4 cup milk (1% if you can tolerate it)
  • 1 banana (frozen is better for a thicker consistency)
  • 1/8 cup unsalted peanuts
Optional:
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- sweetener

- 2-3 cubes of frozen apple juice

What To Do:
Put all ingredients in a blender.
Blend it to your heart's content.